Be The Change
November 2021: The world leaders will be meeting for the 26th time since 1995. Our climate is in crisis which is globally creating extreme weather patterns across continents that is creating more difficult living environments for humans and is accelerating the extinction of animals & plants.
On 8th October 2021, we will be cycling 600 miles to Glasgow, COP26 for:
- Our world leaders to collaborate with each other to create societies that are more integrated with our natural world; a reduction of polluting elements released that ultimately causes global warming and other harm.
- Our rich nations to work in partnership with our developing nations to help them with technology to develop their energy needs so they do not need to rely on coal mines and fossil fuels to develop their nations further.
- Each of us to play our part and take much bolder, bigger steps to reduce our impact for our future generations.
- At the same time we want to help raise funds for our charity partners
Note: If you donate £100 to each charity, we will give you a shout out.
If you donate a further £100 to EarthWatch (TyreLady’s special): https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/tyrelady We will interview you and post on our social media
Meet The Team
We are an intergenerational all female team cycling to COP26 from Anckerwycke in Runnymede, home to Magna Carta, along as much as the National Cycle Network as we can. We are riding for change, for a world that joins hands together to bring a better future for our world.
Rima is a working professional. She is also known as TyreGirl / TyreLady as she has been running in events with a tyre, to campaign to reduce the amount of waste they produce. She has helped a number of marathons become zero waste and has been involved in the sustainability of Geneva marathon, Nice Marathon, Singapore Marathon and the Sundown Marathon. She is aiming to complete 100 marathons / ultras with her tyres. https://tyrelady.wordpress.com/
Elsie is 13 years old and represents our bright future. She loves sport and is a keen surfer & rugby player. She and her younger siblings have been campaigning for a more sustainable world once they could form an opinion. Below is a video produced by her younger sister Bessie.
Tess is an adventurer, author & motivational speaker who has been dedicated for the pursuit of world peace. She is also Elsie’s granny.
Communicate With Us
- Join us on the route
- Provide accommodation
- Let us interview you about what you are doing to reduce your environmental impact
- Other Advocacy
We will be following this map (mostly unless we have detours)
Help with Accommodation
Our map and our detailed route plan will indicate where we will be stopping
Create A Climate Action
We intend to carry thousands of Climate Action Pledges that people are making to BE THE CHANGE urgently needed – to lay at the feet of world leaders. We want organisations of all sizes to participate and be part of the much needed change this world needs.
How You Can Help Further
Send a Donation
As a diverse group we have diverse interests and would be grateful if you can send a donation to one or all of the charities that we are supporting.
- Protect Our Winters – Protecting the world we love from Climate Change https://protectourwintersuk.enthuse.com/pf/pedallingforabrightfuture
- Sustrans – Creating a UK-wide safe cycle network https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/PedallingforaBrightFuture
- WWF – Project Tiger Heartlands, saving the tiger
Create a Climate Action
Write a climate action you will take. One that you are not doing now. You can send your action to us to be read at the tree of Hope
Get in Touch..
- Write to your MP about your concerns about the Climate Crisis
- Ask your company about forming a sustainability group
- Ask your church to divest away from fossil fuels & to support alternative energy technologies to be installed in developing countries
Head out of Warrington into the rain!! Rain what’s that? We’ve been so well looked after that this is our first time on our journey that it’s rained.. so we test our wet weather gear with waterproof hoods under the helmets and galoshes on feet.. think we re more like penguins now! My little special penguin onContinue reading “Day 11”
DAY 8 Started the day talking to Sua in Kiribati, this is the island nation which will be first to go under when sea level rises due to global warming.. (we were staying last night with our special friend who is ambassador to Kiribati ) Sua told us how sad and worried the people of his country are asContinue reading “Days 8 & 9”